10 Good Argument Topics For Academic Essays
If you want to write a great argumentative essay then you should pick a good topic to do it on. You could do it on a controversial topic or one that has the reader thinking before they even start to read your essay. You need to think outside the box and look for topics that are different and unique. Here are some topics that you can use for your essay or they could give you the inspiration to find your own.
10 Good Argument Topics
- Every girl needs to stop thinking that romantic comedies are the way that a relationship works. You have probably seen movies like this and thought to yourself that there is no way this would never happen in real life and you would be correct. But girls see this as the perfect love and want to have it.
- The government should get rid of all welfare. You have probably seen stories about welfare fraud on the news and how this assistance is helping people but is there a better way to help people without taxpayers paying for it?
- Workers should have more holidays and be given longer paid vacations. Other countries do this why hasn’t the United States adopted it.
- Writing letters needs a revival. Can you remember the last time that you sat down and wrote a letter to someone? If you think about it most kids probably haven’t ever written a letter. Should we bring back letter writing?
- Do you see CD’s becoming existent like VHS tapes in the future? If you are like most people, you probably haven’t bought a CD in years; you get all of your music from stores like iTunes and Amazon. One click and you have to need album of your favorite artist. Do you see the music industry doing away with CDs soon?
- Do you think higher taxes on soft drinks and junk food will encourage people to eat healthier?
- Should government and military personnel have the right to strike or is their job too important to do this?
- Students in college and high school should be required to take a foreign language for two years.
- Would we conserve more fuel and make the road safer if we lowered the national speed for highways to fifty-five miles per hour?
- Should government financial aid be more careful on whom they lend to? With higher interest rates and more people going back to school it has become pretty easier to get loans. Do we need more requirements to keep the interest rate lower and keep people from defaulting on their loans?