How to Write a One-Page Compare and Contrast Essay: The Best Manual
In writing this type of the essay, students are expected to highlight and explain the differences and similarities on two subject matters. A compelling compare and contrast essay provides influential arguments based on the differences without forgetting the similarities. Here's how to write a one -page essay of this kind:
- Read the assignment instructions carefully: The instructions give by the teacher specify what type of essay to write and the items to compare. The instructions may also outline other things that must be observed in writing the paper. Many teachers also provide clues as to what materials can help in writing the essay, and this makes the whole task easier.
- Ask for clarification or explanations: The worst part in tackling an assignment is not failing to understand the instructions, but doing nothing to help you understand them. Whether it is a piece of instruction that requires additional explanation or some statements you think are missing, do not start off the assignment until you clear the mind about those issues. You can also request friends, classmates and parents to explain details that seem unclear if the teacher is not within reach.
- Start early: Just because it is a one page paper does not mean it should be written at the last minute. Students who shelve the assignment until it is too late towards the deadline cannot write well researched ideas and will not afford time for revision to perfect the essay.
- Make a visit to your library: You might find out how easy and quick it becomes to complete the paper if you engaged the school or college librarian to assist in finding appropriate resources. You can also find a lot of materials on your own for instance over the internet. Online resources can also be helpful in that they can be accessed at any time of the day and night. The internet is also a preferable research tool because it has many resources from different writers.
- Choose the right subjects for comparison: You can select two subjects that appear to be from different categories but are similar in one outstanding way. Alternatively, you can consider subjects in the same category, but which appear to have a striking difference. Ensure that adequate materials are available to research the subjects; otherwise, change immediately. It is also, in addition, to ensure that you understand the subjects well.
- Brainstorm for topics if you should: Venn diagram and lists of similarities and differences between the two subjects in question can help you gain more insights on what best topics to discuss. By doing this, you can also gain better understanding on whether you have adequate materials to research on the compare and contrast paper.
- List the main points first: It is a one page write up so give priority to most pressing points.